Installing HYGI PANEL®: it’s all about the technique.
It’s up to you! You can either undertake the work yourself or entrust us with your project.
You keep control
- It is important to follow the recommended techniques
- HYGI PANEL® (formerly New Ramic®) panelling can be installed on any solid surface with HYGI PANEL® glue (for humid environments), except on insulation: expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, etc.
- A choice of 2 techniques:
Vertical installation (panels attached lengthways)
- Using a manual or a pneumatic gun, apply lines of glue with a width of 5 to 6 mm lengthways to the rough surface of the panel.
- First line +/- 25 mm from the edge of the panel, then another 10 regularly spaced lines every +/- 10 cm to finish +/- 25 mm from the other edge.
- Stop 5 cm from the upper and lower edges.
Vertical installation is possible for all panel lengths. Large panels (5 to 6 metres) can be glued directly on to the wall, as long as the surface is strong enough.
HORIZONTAL INSTALLATION (panels attached widthways)
- First and last lines of glue +/- 25 mm from the edge, +/- 30 cm spaces between lines, upper and lower lines: +/- 5 cm from the edge.
Tip: If you don’t have a washer, you can use an off-cut of a female edge section measuring +/- 10 cm. Put it horizontally over both panels, put the screw in the centre and secure it in place. Remove these fixings once the glue has dried.
The result? A larger area will be exposed to pressure and the panels will be less marked.
4 important stages
- Cutting the panel
- Panels should be cut with a disc cutter with a disc for stainless steel and a hole saw to create pipe holes.
- When existing piping or fixings cannot be removed, cut the panel to the desired size and then split the panel from this cut to the nearest horizontal edge. The 2 sections created in this way should be separated and the glued panel should be slid into position around the obstacle. Then cover the vertical cut with the adjoining edge sections to ensure a hermetic seal.
- Not possible? Fill in the saw cut with food-grade silicone and cover it, if necessary, with the male part of the edge section, ensuring that it joins perfectly with the panel.
- Before installing the panel
- Clean the surface to remove any grease.
- HYGI PANEL® panelling can be installed like plasterboard, with an additional step to apply glue to the panels. With openwork metal structures, we recommend applying a base to cover the entire surface beforehand to prevent the panel from becoming warped.
- Après la mise en place sur le support
- Tamponner à la main (ou avec un morceau de chevron protégé avec du feutre pour éviter les griffures) afin de bien écraser la colle pour que son épaisseur ne dépasse pas 5 mm.
- Pour une solidité optimale, on peut fixer la plaque sur le support avec des vis en inox de 2 mm sur les parties supérieures et inférieures. Elles seront cachées ensuite par les profils de jonction, les plinthes ou les congés d’angle. Ces vis doivent être retirées dès la prise complète de la colle (+/- 24h). Les offices seront bouchés avec du silicone agréé alimentaire.
- After attaching the panle to the surface
- Press firmly on the panel by hand (or with a length of wood, covered with felt to prevent any scratches) to flatten the glue, ensuring that it is no thicker than 5 mm.
- For maximum strength, the panel can be attached to the surface with 2 mm stainless steel screws on the upper and lower parts. They will be concealed by connectors, skirting boards or mouldings. These screws must be removed as soon as the glue has dried (+/- 24 hours). Holes will be filled with food-grade silicone.
Need some specific advice? Call us on +32 81 22 41 64
You give us control
- Work is carried out by a reliable team which is highly experienced and familiar with hygiene standards.
- The team provides a comprehensive service
- Discussions and dealings with the project manager or the architect
- Preparing surfaces
- Installation of HYGI PANEL® panelling for walls and ceilings and accessories (including skirting boards and flooring) for use in HACCP areas.